the recent approval of Law 126 of 2020, which “ESTABLISHES AND REGULATES
TELEWORK IN THE REPUBLIC OF PANAMA”, some data protection measures must be complied
by both the worker and the employer.
& Associates is committed to keeping our clients informed of all the
changes in Labor matters, therefore we inform:
- Data Protection Measures to be taken by the employer:
- To inform the teleworker of the internal
policies and regulations for the protection of the data used and processed by
the teleworker for professional purposes, in accordance with current
legislation on this matter.
- To inform the teleworker of all
restrictions on the use of computer equipment or supplies, as well as the
penalties that could be applied if the restrictions are not respected.
- To inform the teleworker of the installment
of any control system. This system will be proportional to the objective that
seeks to be protected, and may never be violate the personal or family privacy
of the teleworker or third parties.
- To Provide, install and maintain the
necessary equipment for the job, as well as providing the technical support
service that this equipment requires.
2. Data Protection Measures to be taken by the worker:
- To comply with the data protection
regulations and the restrictions that are communicated to him/her regarding the
information handled by virtue of its functions.
- To duly and safely conserve and guard the
equipment, computer tools and programs provided by the employer, and to forbid
its use to people that is not authorized by the employer.
- To immediately notify the employer of any
loss, theft or improper use of the equipment and programs, as provided in the
internal regulations of the company.