Dr. Adriano Correa E.
Director - Litigation & Arbitration
Born: Panama, Republic of Panama, 1964.
Admitted: 1998, Panama.
- Latinamerican University of Science and Technology, Procedural Law Post-Graduate Course, 1998-1999.
- Latinamerican University of Science and Technology, Doctor of Economic Sciences, 1996-1998.
- Universidad Santa Maria La Antigua, Master of Laws in Commercial Law, 1995-1996.
- University of Panama, Post-Graduate in International Commerce with an emphasis in Business Administration for Exportations, 1990-1991.
- University of Panama, Bachelor in Law and Political Sciences, 1982-1987.
His professional track started at the Municipality of Panama City, as a lawyer, to then become the Mayor of Bella Vista. From there, he became part of one of the most important corporations at the Colon Free Trade Zone and, subsequently, he became Head of the Legal Department of Seguros Chagres, one of the leading insurance companies in the country. His vast experience, already as an independent lawyer, had allowed him to repeatedly serve as Reserve Magistrate and Reserve Circuit Judge. Currently, he works at the procedural level, with extensive experience in litigation in the areas of Commercial, Civil, Insurance, Banking, Family, Criminal, Constitutional, Corporate and Administrative Law. He has also participated in at least 25 arbitrations in which he has served as arbitrator or litigator in accordance with what has been required.
- Founding Partner at Adriano Correa and Associates, where he acted as advisor of the management of the National Bank of Panama; and as an Arbitrator and Litigant lawyer at CECAP and CESCON.
- Among his most important clients: Nestlé Panamá, Alta Cordillera, S.A., Benedicto Wong, Petrolera Nacional, S.A., Especialización en Construcción, S.A., Importadora Grezon, S.A., Tampa, Avianca, NetCargo, COPISA and CAPAC.
- National Legal consultant: Legal feasibility study for the Modernization and Institutional Strengthening of the Panama’s Transit and Transportation Authority.
- International Consultant for the InterAmerican Development Bank “Draft Law for the Strengthening of the Panamanian Superintendence of Insurance and Reinsurance and proper regulation of the Insurance Market in the Republic of Panama.
- Reserve Magistrate at the Superior Courts of Justice of Panama
- Reserve Judge at the Ministry of Government and Justice and the Second Civil Circuit Court of Panama
- Consulting Lawyer at Inmobiliaria Borace, S. A. and Prohabitat
- International Operations Director at Swiss Sport Corp.
- Head of Legal Department at Compañía de Seguros Chagres.
- Lawyer at Panama City Council and Mayor of Bella Vista.
- Teaching Experience at Latinamerican University of Science and Technology, Universidad Santa Maria La Antigua y Universidad Interamericana de Panamá.